Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Constructing a simulation, part of Understanding Maya nCloth.
Before we convert our flag to nCloth, we should make a backup of it.…Once you make something into an nCloth, you can actually remove the nCloth, but…it's really difficult, and a painful process if you've done a whole bunch of work…on it, and you will lose all that work,…and essentially end up having to delete the object, and start over again. It's a real drag.…We need to future-proof our work, and prevent that problem from occurring in the…first place by simply duplicating the object before we convert it to nCloth.…
I want to select that plane, and I want to go to the Edit menu, and go to…Duplicate Special options, and I'll reset the settings, so you can see what the…default settings are, but the setting that we really want is we want to turn…Duplicate input graph on.…What that's going to do, it's going to make a new object that has all of the same…nodes and attributes as the existing object.…In other words, it'll make a new polyPlane input node, which will be…independent of this one.…
If you chose Duplicate input connections, what you'd have is two shapes that were…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Understanding the nucleus solver
- Adopting a scale convention
- Adjusting nCloth and nRigid attributes
- Creating and animating nConstraints
- Editing nConstraint membership and influence
- Smoothing nCloth with subdivision surfaces
- Storing and manipulating simulation data with nCache
- Improving simulation quality and efficiency
- Dressing an animated character
- Painting dynamic attributes such as Stickiness
- Simulating many objects such as falling leaves
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Textures and Shaders in Mayawith Eric Keller3h 30m Intermediate
1. nCloth Basics
2. Simulating Dynamic nCloth
3. Directing nCloth
4. Optimizing Performance
5. Integrating nCloth with Animation
6. Simulating Special Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.