Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Constraining component to component, part of Understanding Maya nCloth.
To get more realism for this flag animation, I'm going to attach the flag to a…rope, which is attached to the flagpole, and as you can see, there is going to be a…little bit of a gap here.…It would be nice if we had some fasteners in there, but this will be good enough…to show us how we can constrain one piece of nCloth to another using a component…to component constraint.…So to start off, I just want to select my flag, and disable the smoothing on it.…
Earlier I added a polySmoothFace1 node, so I'll go into the Channel box, and set…its number of Divisions down to 0; that just basically disables the smoothing.…And while I'm working, I also want to disable evaluation on the flag, so that I…can focus on the rope.…I'll go to the Attribute Editor, Control+A, and in that nClothShape node, up at the…very, very top is Enable. I'll turn that off, and as long as that's off, then…this cloth will not be evaluated.…
Let's focus on the rope now.…What I've done is I've made a cylinder that has only three sides, but has about 30 segments.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Understanding the nucleus solver
- Adopting a scale convention
- Adjusting nCloth and nRigid attributes
- Creating and animating nConstraints
- Editing nConstraint membership and influence
- Smoothing nCloth with subdivision surfaces
- Storing and manipulating simulation data with nCache
- Improving simulation quality and efficiency
- Dressing an animated character
- Painting dynamic attributes such as Stickiness
- Simulating many objects such as falling leaves
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Textures and Shaders in Mayawith Eric Keller3h 30m Intermediate
1. nCloth Basics
2. Simulating Dynamic nCloth
3. Directing nCloth
4. Optimizing Performance
5. Integrating nCloth with Animation
6. Simulating Special Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.