Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Connecting nCloth to fields, part of Learning Maya nCloth 2012.
Maya fields are forces that can operate on dynamic objects, including nCloth, but…also including particles, and rigid and soft bodies, as well as Maya fluids.…What we are going to do here is we are just going to make these leaves fly off…the tree as if they are kind of exploding outward.…If I press Play, you'll see that there's nothing fancy going on with those leaves…there; just nCloth objects that have basic properties. There's no wind or…anything in the scene currently.…I'll select those leaves, and go up into the Fields menu, and choose Radial.…
A radial field will push or pull dynamic objects in all directions: towards, or…away from the field location.…I'll move that field upward, so that it's this kind of near the center of the tree.…If I play my simulation, I won't see any change just yet, because the field options…need to be adjusted. With that field currently selected, you'll see I have got…the attributes open here in the Channel box.…The main one I need to do here is I need to turn off Use Max Distance. That means…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Understanding the nucleus solver
- Adopting a scale convention
- Adjusting nCloth and nRigid attributes
- Creating and animating nConstraints
- Editing nConstraint membership and influence
- Smoothing nCloth with subdivision surfaces
- Storing and manipulating simulation data with nCache
- Improving simulation quality and efficiency
- Dressing an animated character
- Painting dynamic attributes such as Stickiness
- Simulating many objects such as falling leaves
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Textures and Shaders in Mayawith Eric Keller3h 30m Intermediate
1. nCloth Basics
2. Simulating Dynamic nCloth
3. Directing nCloth
4. Optimizing Performance
5. Integrating nCloth with Animation
6. Simulating Special Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.