Use the Node Editor to connect to existing Colliders.
- [Voiceover] The Aero Fluid is not colliding…with our room or door.…You might think that you can use…the Bifrost menus to add those collisions,…but if you did it this way, you would…create a new Collider Node, unnecessarily.…We already have a ColliderProps Node in the scene.…And, its attributes are set the way we want.…So, we might as well use that.…Let's select both of the Bifrost domains.…We've got the Liquid domain, Bifrost Liquid One,…and the Aero domain, Bifrost Aero One.…
Control, select both of those,…and open up the Node Editor to make the connections.…Windows,…Node Editor.…If you have something in the graph,…you can go ahead and clear it.…And then, click to display the input and output…connections on the selected nodes,…which are the Bifrost liquid and aero containers.…Click Input and Output,…and the graph of those two nodes…and their connected nodes is displayed.…But zoom in a bit.…
Notice that we've got Bifrost Liquid Container One…and Bifrost Aero Container One.…They already share some connections in common.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Understanding Bifröst
- Analyzing the node structure
- Emitting from a polygon mesh
- Colliding with objects
- Pushing and damping fluid motion with accelerators
- Caching Bifröst simulations
- Meshing liquid and exporting to Alembic
- Shading with the Bifröst liquid material
- Designing mental ray materials
- Layering shaders with Bifröst channel data
- Adding mist with an Aero simulation
- Texturing an Aero material
Skill Level Advanced
Maya: Particle and Fire Effects (2011)with Aaron F. Ross3h 46m Intermediate
Maya: Creating Fluid Effects (2013)with Aaron F. Ross2h 16m Intermediate
Maya Dynamics: Creating Simulations (2012)with Aaron F. Ross2h 11m Intermediate
1. Simulating a Liquid
2. Tuning and Storing a Simulation
3. Shading a Liquid
4. Using Bifröst Aero
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.