Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Connect the conveyor drums to the pulley, part of Rigging Mechanical Objects in Maya.
- The first step for rigging this conveyor belt…is to get the drums rotating.…So the drums are actually driven by the pulley system…so I'm going to go ahead and make that visible.…You can see that we have a direct connection…from the axle of that pulley to the drum.…So all we have to do for this is really just…connect it using any number of techniques.…Probably the easiest one to use is the connection editor.…I'm going to go ahead and select my pulley.…Then shift select the drum.…Go into Windows, General Editors, Connection Editor.…
And we've done this before so what we have here…is we have the pulley controlling the drum.…So I want rotation in Z, in the pulley,…so all I have to do is dig through the attributes,…find rotation Z on one side and connect it on the other.…When that happens they both connect.…Now we can do this again with the other drum.…I'm going to go ahead and select this drum here…and do Reload Right and then just go back down to rotate…and connect that one as well.…
Now you can see that both of these are rotating.…
- Setting up a scene in Maya
- Setting up joints to control pistons
- Creating a push rod
- Simulating springs
- Syncing gears to the crankshaft
- Creating a belt drive with wire deformers
- Rigging the conveyor belt
- Preventing flipping in motion paths
- Finalizing the scene
Skill Level Intermediate
Rigging a Cartoon Character in Mayawith George Maestri2h 34m Intermediate
1. Rigging Pistons
2. Cams and Rocker Arms
3. Gears and Pulleys
4. Rigging a Conveyor Belt
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.