- [Instructor] When we manipulate objects in Maya, … we manipulate them in a viewport. … Now this big window here is a viewport. … We can configure viewports in Maya … to do whatever we want. … So, every viewport in Maya … has a menu along the top here … and a corresponding toolbar … which reflects that menu. … Now I'm going to go through the menu options here … and we'll also investigate a few of the toolbars here. … Now we have a View menu here … which allows you to do things … such as select and lock the camera … as well as frame our selection … and turn on or off things such as camera settings. … Now the shading menu is something … that we will probably be using a lot. … This toggles between wireframe, … smooth shaded as well as texturing, … so we have this option here, Hardware Texturing … and we can toggle that on or off. … Now we can also use a series of hotkeys … to do the same things. … So, the number four on the keyboard gives you wireframe, … five gives you shaded without textures …
- Getting familiar with the Maya interface
- Configuring viewports and workspaces
- Selecting and manipulating objects
- Creating hierarchies and layers in scenes
- Creating polygonal models
- Modeling and refining polygonal meshes
- Working with subdivision surfaces
- Sculpting a basic landscape
- NURBs modeling
- Creating and applying materials and textures
- Adding lights and cameras to a scene
- Rendering in Arnold
- Animating in Maya
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Maya Interface
2. Select and Manipulate Objects
3. Organize Maya Scenes
4. Create Polygonal Models
5. Model Polygonal Meshes
6. Refine Polygonal Meshes
7. NURBS Modeling Techniques
8. Refine NURBS Models
9. Create Materials
10. Apply Materials and Textures
11. Render in Maya
12. Render in Arnold
13. Animate in Maya
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.