Join Andy Beane for an in-depth discussion in this video Compositing the individual materials, part of Advanced Materials in Maya.
- With all of our images now rendered,…we can open After Effects and begin…putting the images back together.…I'm starting here with After Effects Exercise File 02_08…that already has all of the renders loaded…into the project windows.…I want you to know that I am proceeding with this movie…like you have a good working knowledge of After Effects.…If not, you can brush up on your After Effects skills…with After Effects CC Essential Training 2015…with Ian Robinson.…If you're working at home, I do want you to check,…making sure that your project is set…to 16 bits per channel.…
We took the extra time to make sure that our renders…were at 16 bits per channel and not 8-bit.…If yours does say 8-bit in this area right here,…click on that option and go to your Color Settings Depth…and change it from 8-bit to 16-bit.…To start our composition, we're going to go to…our GazingBall_Chrome layer,…and I'm going to drag that layer onto the icon here…for create composition.…This will create a new composition,…put all of our images in order,…
Andy Beane includes two methods for creating advanced Maya materials. He starts with smaller, easier materials that can be composited together. He then shows how to combine these same materials in an all-in-one-method for rendering, and evaluate the pros and cons of both techniques. Chapter 3 demonstrates the subsurface scattering (SSS) material in mental ray, which will strengthen your material toolbox, and shows how to composite the results in After Effects.
- Collecting and creating reference material
- Using simple materials vs. a large complex shader network
- Setting up the scene
- Creating alpha materials
- Compositing individual materials
- Putting it all together in one material
- Subsurface scattering with mental ray materials
Skill Level Advanced
Creating Shader Networks in Maya and mental raywith Aaron F. Ross5h 28m Intermediate
1. Basics of Advanced Materials
2. Basic Materials Made Better
3. Advanced mental ray Materials
Next steps1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.