Join Mark Lefitz for an in-depth discussion in this video Comparing the final composite with the original plate, part of Photorealistic Lighting with Maya and Nuke (2012).
So here's our original image, and our final paint fixed image.…The tools I showed you can be used for many purposes other than vehicles,…but hopefully this gives you a good start in helping you set up your files, and…dialing in all your parameters.…Some other resources I have here are jeffpatton.net.…jeffpatton.net is a great resource to show how a commercial artist shoots his…HDRIs, and stitches them using PTGui Pro, as well as some other great tools.…
If we go to LAmrUG, which is the Los Angeles Mental Ray User Group, this is a…fantastic Web site to show how other artists are using mental ray.…There is mymentalray.com, which is a great place to get involved in the mental…ray community, and to also see images other artists are creating using the same…tools that I showed you.…Finally, on the 2D side of things for Nuke, there is Nukepedia.…Nukepedia is a great URL to go and download plug-ins, and to also view tutorials.…
Thanks for watching, and have fun lighting.…
- Understanding image-based lighting
- Analyzing and color correcting the background plate
- Creating a 3D camera to match the plate
- Lighting with low-quality settings and proxies
- Setting light samples
- Setting up render passes
- Rendering mattes ground shadow, and occlusions passes
- Adding gamma correction in Nuke
- Adding the object to the plate and rendering the final composite
- Retouching the composite using Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
Maya: Lighting and Rendering with mental raywith Eric Keller4h 56m Intermediate
Creating Textures and Shaders in Mayawith Eric Keller3h 30m Intermediate
1. Image-Based Lighting
Correcting the HDRI5m 22s
2. Asset Integration
4. mental ray Rendering
5. Creating Secondary Passes
6. Compositing the Rendered Passes in Nuke
7. Final Touch-Ups in Photoshop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.