Learn to layer Bifrost attribute data.
- [Voiceover] Forticity is of course,…just one of the channels we can utilize…to mask the foam from the water.…Let's jump back into the Hypershade,…and we can stack a bunch of these on top of one another.…Now there are many ways…that we could add this data together.…We could use Math Nodes and so on.…I'm choosing to use a layered shader,…because I'm more familiar with that.…And that way I think I can control…the compositing a little bit better.…So I can easily ensure that the sum of all the channels,…never exceeds a white color of one.…
Create a New Layered Shader.…That'll be in the Maya section…under Surface, Layered Shader.…And here's a new layered shader, and a new shading group.…We won't be using that shading group,…so in fact, we can just actually delete that.…Press the Delete key.…Here's layeredShader2.…Let's immediately rename that.…I'm going to add Bifrost Combiner,…to the beginning of the Layered Shader Node Name,…and press Enter.…
Down here in Compositing Flag, as before,…we want it to be Layer Texture,…and that's going to superimpose the layers,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Understanding Bifröst
- Analyzing the node structure
- Emitting from a polygon mesh
- Colliding with objects
- Pushing and damping fluid motion with accelerators
- Caching Bifröst simulations
- Meshing liquid and exporting to Alembic
- Shading with the Bifröst liquid material
- Designing mental ray materials
- Layering shaders with Bifröst channel data
- Adding mist with an Aero simulation
- Texturing an Aero material
Skill Level Advanced
Maya: Creating Fluid Effects (2013)with Aaron F. Ross2h 16m Intermediate
Maya Dynamics: Creating Simulations (2012)with Aaron F. Ross2h 11m Intermediate
1. Simulating a Liquid
2. Tuning and Storing a Simulation
3. Shading a Liquid
4. Using Bifröst Aero
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.