In this video I'll add color into the wood.…I have got my knots in and the wood has been warped and changed.…So I have got good variation across the grain, variation both in width and also in…value, making sure that there are some dark and light areas in here.…Here's how I'll make the color really come to life.…I'll press Ctrl+Shift+N to make a new layer, and I'll name this new layer, Color.…I'll slide it underneath my original layer 1, which I'll rename to be grain.…I'll pick my Color layer and pick the color of the wood I want to have in there.…
What I want to pick actually is not the fully rich, saturated wood that I'm…intending, but rather a paler version. In this case I'll work with a warm orange.…I'll fill this in with the Paint Bucket, and then I'll set the over layer, the…grain, to a Color Burn. There is the wood grain showing up.…Now I realize this is scorchingly vibrant.…It's burning in the color based on the value of that image.…What I'm going to do is pick that under color, press Ctrl+U and pullout the saturation.…
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.