Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Color correction in After Effects, part of Creating Product Shots in Maya.
…With our project and footage color settings configured correctly,…we can go ahead and start working on this image.…I want to select the layer here in the time…line, and go over to the effects and presets window.…Open up the color correction section, and you'll see next to each one of these is a…number, and that indicates the bit depth to which that particular effect will work.…The ones that we want to choose here are labeled 32.…The other ones will work, they just won't work as well.…But anything that's labeled 32 is designed for a 32-bit working space.…
First one we'll apply is Exposure.…Double click that.…And it'll be applied to the selected layer.…And the Effect Controls window opens automatically.…This works exactly the same way as the exposure settings in the Maya Render View.…Go over here to Exposure, and click, a drag the mouse left to right.…If I go to the right, I'm opening up the iris.…If I go to the left, I'm stopping down.…So, if I set this to a value of negative one, that's closing down by one stop.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Want to learn how to create the same effect with 3ds Max? Check out Creating Product Shots in 3ds Max.
- Understanding the scene layout, hierarchy, and display layers
- Working with mia_material_x
- Creating and optimizing mental ray area lights
- Generating reflections with self-illuminated white cards
- Providing indirect illumination with Final Gathering
- Image-based lighting with high dynamic range files
- Rendering to a 32-bit file format
- Saving material and lighting components to render passes
- Adding ambient occlusion
- Layering and color correction in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Shader Networks in Maya and mental raywith Aaron F. Ross5h 28m Intermediate
Lighting and Rendering with mental ray in Mayawith Eric Keller4h 56m Intermediate
1. Laying Out the Scene
2. Studio Lighting
3. Shading Models with Materials
4. Image-Based Lighting
5. Rendering and Color Correction
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.