Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Cloning props in Unity with different looks, part of Game Prop Creation in Maya.
In this video I'll look at Cloning objects in Unity and swapping out and…fine tuning materials.…What I've done is to export out as an FBX all the different objects I've made.…I have made a choice here to bring them about separately, in case the player…needs to manipulate them.…If we want to bring things across as one file but with multiple objects, they…will show up nicely.…It's really up to us how we would like to be able to manipulate things.…Whether we're tagging objects specifically, such as a ladder for ladder mechanic,…or simply having multiple measures in one object in a static scene.…
I'm going to tear off my Project tab and stack it next to my Inspector, so I can…see it a little better. That's going to let me take the hierarchy and pull it…down and have my view here. For cloning objects,…I'll start with the Gas Pump. I'll pick my Gas Pump and press F to Focus on it.…I'll press Ctrl+D to clone. It's now cloned, and we can see it cloned here as an Instance.…We can tell things are instanced because they're highlighted in blue.…
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.