Join Andy Beane for an in-depth discussion in this video Clean up all model files, part of Maya: Advanced Modeling.
- [Narrator] Now that you've created all of your objects…what we want to do is go through and clean up…each one of our scenes.…I'm not going to lie.…This is not the most fun part of being a 3D artist,…but it is extremely important when we want to start…using these assets in larger projects,…and especially, when working in a production pipeline,…and in a team environment.…So, let's go through some of the steps…that we need to do to actually clean up our files.…So the first thing I'm going to do…now that we are done modeling is go to edit,…delete all by type, history.…
Do make sure that if you were using deformers,…that you knew for sure that that model…was right where it was suppose to be because…that will delete any of those deformers out,…so that is kind of one of those commands…that you really want to make sure you know,…what you're doing before you use it.…The next thing we want to do is start deleting out…all the extra stuff in our scene files…that we were using to help us model,…like image planes.…We do not want image planes going into our larger projects…
- Modeling workflows
- Geometry conversion
- Working with small room objects
- Modeling the top, middle base, and floor base of a table
- Blocking chair shapes in Maya
- Retopology in Mudbox for Maya
- Cleaning up model files
- Managing files and importing
Skill Level Advanced
Creating Shader Networks in Maya and mental raywith Aaron F. Ross5h 28m Intermediate
1. Get Ready to Model
2. Modeling Basics
3. Smaller Room Objects
4. Side Table
5. Leather Chair
6. All Together Now
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.