Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Choosing an nCloth preset, part of Learning Maya nCloth 2012.
Alright, we've set our simulation to be at the correct scale for the scene that…we built, and the next thing we want to do is to choose an nCloth preset, so that…we can determine the dynamic properties of that cloth.…I want to select it, and go to Control+A, attributes, and I want to go to the shape…node, and it's just listed as nClothShape1.…For any node in Maya, you can have presets that will store node values.…Remember that each one of these tabs is a node,…and we can store all of the values for that node in a preset.…
We can create our own presets, and Maya also ships with presets.…And the nClothShape node is one where we really need presets, because there are…many attributes here, and any one of these could have a really big effect on the…end result. They're pretty sensitive.…Therefore, it's very important that we start from a preset.…That way we'll know that it's more or less working, and then we can adjust…individual attributes of that preset in order to fine-tune it.…
To access the presets, just go ahead and hold down the Presets button, and you'll…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Understanding the nucleus solver
- Adopting a scale convention
- Adjusting nCloth and nRigid attributes
- Creating and animating nConstraints
- Editing nConstraint membership and influence
- Smoothing nCloth with subdivision surfaces
- Storing and manipulating simulation data with nCache
- Improving simulation quality and efficiency
- Dressing an animated character
- Painting dynamic attributes such as Stickiness
- Simulating many objects such as falling leaves
Skill Level Intermediate
1. nCloth Basics
2. Simulating Dynamic nCloth
3. Directing nCloth
4. Optimizing Performance
5. Integrating nCloth with Animation
6. Simulating Special Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.