Learn how to control processor and memory usage.
- [Voiceover] Now that we understand the concepts…behind Bifrost, let's set up the options.…I'll go into Maya's menu sets…and choose the FX menu set.…If you don't see the Bifrost menu up here, it means…the plugin is not loaded.…To load it, go into the Windows menu,…and choose Settings Preferences,…Plug in Manager,…and of course there are a lot of plugins in Maya.…Scroll down and you'll find Bifrost in its own section.…
Currently it is loaded, as we can see here.…All these check boxes are on so it will autoload every time…Maya starts up.…If these check boxes are not enabled,…just go ahead and turn those on.…Go ahead and Close the dialog.…Next we'll move onto the Bifrost options proper.…In the Bifrost menu near the bottom…you'll see Bifrost Options.…And this option Enable Background Processing…is one that I recommend you disable unless you have…an extremely powerful computer with a great deal…of memory in it.…
What will happen if this is on is that Bifrost will continue…to solve any active simulation even if you are doing…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Understanding Bifröst
- Analyzing the node structure
- Emitting from a polygon mesh
- Colliding with objects
- Pushing and damping fluid motion with accelerators
- Caching Bifröst simulations
- Meshing liquid and exporting to Alembic
- Shading with the Bifröst liquid material
- Designing mental ray materials
- Layering shaders with Bifröst channel data
- Adding mist with an Aero simulation
- Texturing an Aero material
Skill Level Advanced
Creating Particle and Fire Effects with Mayawith Aaron F. Ross3h 46m Intermediate
Creating Simulations in Maya Dynamicswith Aaron F. Ross2h 11m Intermediate
1. Simulating a Liquid
2. Tuning and Storing a Simulation
3. Shading a Liquid
4. Using Bifröst Aero
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.