Maya’s Quick Rig tool is a quick way to get through the character rigging and binding workflow, and can also be used as a time-saving shortcut. This video shows how to use Quick Rig to add a skeleton to a character and skin the mesh to the skeleton. A step by step rigging method is covered, which can be used to tweak the rigging process with custom options.
- [Voiceover] Now let's move over to animation and rigging…and we're gonna take a look at Maya's quick rig tool,…which will allow you to rig characters automatically.…And this tool is actually very easy to use, so all we need…is a humanoid mesh, so here I have one of those.…Now all we have to do is go into our rigging menu…and under Skeleton we have Quick Rig.…Now when I do this, it brings up HumanIK…cause that's how it's going to rig…and then we have two options in this Quick Rig window.…
One is a one-click operation and basically all you have…to do is press that button and it will rig your character.…Or we can go step-by-step, which is what I'm going to do…and this will give you more of an insight into…how this Quick Rig tool works.…So it has five steps: geometry, guides, adjustment,…character generation and then skinning.…So first thing we need to do is add the geometry…to this menu here.…So all I have to do is make sure my geometry…is selected and then hit plus.…
Now if you have multiple pieces of geometry…
- Finding the new features
- Using the Content Browser
- Working with symmetry and Mirror tool improvements
- Using the MASH networks
- Rigging a character with Quick Rig
- Animating with the Pose Editor
- Lighting with the Light Editor
- Rendering Render Setup layers
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. Interface and Display
2. What's New in Modeling
3. Work with MASH
4. Animation and Rigging Tools
5. Lighting and Rendering Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.