- [Instructor] So in this last chapter,…you've been exposed to different methods,…workflows, and tools for modeling.…Now let's see what you can do.…Your challenge is going to be to create this screw.…The challenge objectives are going to be…for you to look closely at the reference image of this screw…that I have left for you in the exercise files.…Then think about what workflow would be best to use…to create this particular complex shape.…Then you should be thinking about what method…would be best for you to start the base model.…
Would deformers help you…with the final shape creation of your model?…And in the end, you must have a polygon object.…This challenge should take you about 30 minutes…to complete depending on your experience level in Maya.…And make sure you check out the solution movie…to see how I solve this particular challenge.…Good luck.…
- Modeling workflows
- Geometry conversion
- Working with small room objects
- Modeling the top, middle base, and floor base of a table
- Blocking chair shapes in Maya
- Retopology in Mudbox for Maya
- Cleaning up model files
- Managing files and importing
Skill Level Advanced
Creating Shader Networks in Maya and mental raywith Aaron F. Ross5h 28m Intermediate
1. Get Ready to Model
2. Modeling Basics
3. Smaller Room Objects
4. Side Table
5. Leather Chair
6. All Together Now
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.