Learn about storing a mesh as a sequence of BIF files.
- [Instructor] For faster render times…and better interactive performance…for a liquid mesh, export it to…a Bifrost mesh cache.…This is a sequence of mesh files…of the format BIF or Bif.…BIF mesh export won't create its own output folder.…The export directory needs to exist first.…If Maya is open, exit Maya,…and then go to your current project…and navigate to the cache folder…and in the Bifrost subfolder, create a new folder.…
Maya will assume that the name of the current scene…will be used as the output folder.…I'll create a new folder using the scene file name.…Right click, and choose New, Folder,…and give it the name 03_04_bif_cache.…And now we can relaunch Maya.…Back in Maya in the FX menu set,…we see the Cache menu.…
Inside there are some sub-menus.…If the Bif_Cache sub-menu does not appear,…go to the Plugin Manager and enable BIF_Mesh.io.…Okay, so we've got it here in our menus.…Select the mesh object, scroll down in the outliner,…and select BifrostLiquid1Mesh.…And by the way, we could export any mesh object…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Bifröst basics
- Analyzing the node structure
- Emitting from a polygon mesh
- Colliding with a polygon mesh
- Adding velocity, friction, and drag with motion fields
- Optimizing space and time accuracy
- Caching simulations
- Meshing and exporting liquids
- Render-time meshing in Arnold
- Applying channel data to Arnold shaders
- Generating foam from a liquid
- Rendering and shading foam in Arnold
Skill Level Advanced
1. Simulating a Liquid
2. Fine-Tuning a Liquid Simulation
3. Caching and Meshing
4. Shading a Liquid
5. Simulating Foam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.