Learn about storing foam simulation to a disk.
- [Instructor] When we're satisfied with the result…of the Bifröst foam properties,…we're ready now to save a cache…and we can use cache control to do that.…Reading from the liquid cache while…writing to the foam cache at the same time.…If you have a slow hard drive,…you might want to consider putting the…foam cache on a separate drive.…On my system I didn't encounter any issues.…So I'll go ahead and create the new folder…for the foam cache, and that will be inside…the current project, cache, Bifröst,…and in there create a new folder.…
Right click and choose new folder.…I'll give it the name of the current…scene file which is 0503caching_foam.…Inside that folder I need to create another folder.…Right click, new folder, and call…it Bifröst liquid container one.…The L is a capital L, and the C is a capital C.…Back in Maya, let's go to the Bifröst foam…properties one node, and scroll…down and find its cache section.…
Caching, foam cache, open that up.…Turn on the enable switch and put in the cache directory,…which is cache/bifrost/0503caching_foam.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Bifröst basics
- Analyzing the node structure
- Emitting from a polygon mesh
- Colliding with a polygon mesh
- Adding velocity, friction, and drag with motion fields
- Optimizing space and time accuracy
- Caching simulations
- Meshing and exporting liquids
- Render-time meshing in Arnold
- Applying channel data to Arnold shaders
- Generating foam from a liquid
- Rendering and shading foam in Arnold
Skill Level Advanced
1. Simulating a Liquid
2. Fine-Tuning a Liquid Simulation
3. Caching and Meshing
4. Shading a Liquid
5. Simulating Foam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.