With my table complete, I'll start breaking up the model and getting the unwrap going.…I have modeled out the entire table, but really I'd like to unwrap parts of it and…then probably re-clone some pieces.…I can see where things can be deleted and re-cloned easily.…What I will do is make sure that I take one of each element.…I'm going to take three of the legs and delete them.…Delete one of the stretchers, and then I'll delete one of the stretchers underneath.…As for the top boards, what I think I'll do is to delete five of them.…I have got in there for kind of show and to see how it's going to look.…
I'm going to delete five, unwrap one, clone five and then use the preserve UVs…option to mess up the geometry on a few boards.…This will make for a much easier unwrap, and I can get stacked UVs automatically…as cloned objects that show UVs have stacked UVs.…Here's how I'll unwrap this. I'll start out with the leg as an example.…In my UV Editor, this already has coordinates on it.…Although if I put my checker material on, I can see that they're distorted.…
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.