Become familiar and learn about the Boolean tools available in Maya 2019. This video demonstrates ways to use the Boolean commands to create unions, intersections, and subtractions between objects in Maya. Union combines all surfaces, subtractions use one surface to cut away from another, and intersection removes non-coincident geometry.
- [Instructor] Another way to combine objects…is to use what are called Booleans.…Now these allow you to add and subtract objects…almost like cutting tools.…So here I have a simple TV set, and let's say we wanted…to make some vents in the side of that TV.…Well, I can draw some boxes here…to create a cutting tool for the vents.…So let's go ahead into say, a side view here.…
And I'm going to draw a simple polygon cube,…I'm going to make it kind of tall and skinny,…and then in the front view,…I'm going to go ahead and drag that out.…So I've created this particular shape.…Now, the length of it doesn't really matter,…we're really working on this profile here.…Now I want this to actually cut a hole…in the side of the TV set, so if I go into my side view,…hit four to see my wireframe mode,…we can actually adjust this just a little bit,…so if I want to, I can scale it down,…and move it wherever I want.…
And let's say we wanted to make a couple of different vents.…So, maybe I'm going to skinny this up a little bit,…and then go into move, and lets do a control d to duplicate,…
- Getting familiar with the Maya interface
- Configuring viewports and workspaces
- Selecting and manipulating objects
- Creating hierarchies and layers in scenes
- Creating polygonal models
- Modeling and refining polygonal meshes
- Working with subdivision surfaces
- Sculpting a basic landscape
- NURBs modeling
- Creating and applying materials and textures
- Adding lights and cameras to a scene
- Rendering in Arnold
- Animating in Maya
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Maya Interface
2. Select and Manipulate Objects
3. Organize Maya Scenes
4. Create Polygonal Models
5. Model Polygonal Meshes
6. Refine Polygonal Meshes
7. NURBS Modeling Techniques
8. Refine NURBS Models
9. Create Materials
10. Apply Materials and Textures
11. Render in Maya
12. Render in Arnold
13. Animate in Maya
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.