- [Narrator] So what we need to do now…is finish up our bookshelf by adding the details…to the trim pieces along the sides…and our cabinet doors and then duplicate…the entire object so we can double it up.…Everything that we've got here on the right…should be on the left side so that we have a full bookshelf.…So the first thing we're going to do is to come in…and add some detailing to these trim pieces.…This is actually a very simple process to do…with the modeling tool kit.…We're going to choose "Multi-Cut"…and come in here and hold down "Control"…for adding an edge loop, and I want to…add an edge loop right in the middle.…
So I'm going to middle click, and that will…add that edge loop all the way through…and divide that object for us.…We're going to come over in Object Mode…and select our other trim piece here and do the same thing.…We'll just hit the middle mouse button there…and add that particular sub-division as well.…Next, I'm going to choose the two faces…along this front middle trim piece…and we're going to extrude them.…
- Modeling workflows
- Geometry conversion
- Working with small room objects
- Modeling the top, middle base, and floor base of a table
- Blocking chair shapes in Maya
- Retopology in Mudbox for Maya
- Cleaning up model files
- Managing files and importing
Skill Level Advanced
Creating Shader Networks in Maya and mental raywith Aaron F. Ross5h 28m Intermediate
1. Get Ready to Model
2. Modeling Basics
3. Smaller Room Objects
4. Side Table
5. Leather Chair
6. All Together Now
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.