Join Andy Beane for an in-depth discussion in this video Bookshelf blocking, part of Maya: Advanced Modeling.
- [Instructor] So now we're going to…start creating our bookshelves.…Now the bookshelves themselves are what looks to be…at the very beginning a very complex shape.…There's a lot of different things going on.…We can take a look here in our work view and…see that there are cabinets with cabinet doors.…There are lots of different bookshelves themselves with…different dividers.…There are trim pieces on the mid part and on the top,…and there's even base board trim.…But if we break this down into smaller pieces,…this is actually a very simple shape to create.…
So let's go in here, and I'm in the 03-06 start file,…and let's start creating this.…And really a bookshelf in essence is just a great big cube,…so that's what we're going to start with.…We're going to come in here and cretae a cube,…and we already know some of the dimensions that…we need to get in.…This particular bookshelf is going to go wall to wall in…our room that we created earlier, and from floor to ceiling.…So let's go into our components here for our cube and…
- Modeling workflows
- Geometry conversion
- Working with small room objects
- Modeling the top, middle base, and floor base of a table
- Blocking chair shapes in Maya
- Retopology in Mudbox for Maya
- Cleaning up model files
- Managing files and importing
Skill Level Advanced
Creating Shader Networks in Maya and mental raywith Aaron F. Ross5h 28m Intermediate
1. Get Ready to Model
2. Modeling Basics
3. Smaller Room Objects
4. Side Table
5. Leather Chair
6. All Together Now
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.