Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Blocking out the form of a round chair, part of Maya: Game Prop Creation.
In this video I'm going to start on another chair to go with the chair…I have made previously.…Quite often in games, we need lots of similar props.…As an example, we may walk into a restaurant or cafe, and there are some of…these curvy balloon back chairs as well as some of the ladder back chairs.…It's important to have a variety of props even though they may share textures,…as we're going to do.…As we need to see the variation, we tend to have, well, different stuff around.…It's not very often outside of maybe a large corporate office, for example, that…we see exactly the same chair in so many rows.…
So I'll make a curve chair and use it as a way to explore curved forms for games.…What I'll start out with is blocking out the seat.…It's basically a cylinder, so it should go pretty quick.…Then I'll look at doing the back, and I'll start this actually as a torus.…I'm going to use my existing bounding box, and that way I have a template to…match in the size of the chairs.…I'll choose Display > Show > Show Geometry > Polygon Surfaces.…
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.