I'm ready to start blocking out my table form, and I'll begin with the top…of the trestle table.…I'm going to work in the same scene, it's very likely I'll work in one scene…for a lot of props and then export them separately so I can bring them into…Unity and place them.…I'll hold Shift and right-click and make a polyCube.…I'll drag out a box for the top here.…I'd estimated that this top is easily 36 wide, probably 2 inches thick, and 6 feet long.…I can always make variations on this.…We might need let's say a square table, a round version, and a long rectangular.…
And once we have got it blocked out it's pretty straightforward to add to it.…What I will do is instead of making this whole top all at once, I'm going…to make some boards.…My thought is I'd like to add a little bit of wear and tear, that some of the…boards of lifted gently so it's not a perfect slab for the top.…Instead of a width of 36--which I'll remember that number so when I clone I can…check--I'm going to make the width 6. This way I end up with 6 boards across.…
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.