Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Blocking out the basic form, part of Game Prop Creation in Maya.
I have got the rough plan of my chair in place, and I have got a good reference image.…I'm ready to get in the Maya and start blocking out this form.…I have got some key heights and sizes I know I need to make sure I get in the right place,…the seat height, the back height, and the width and depth overall.…Here in Maya I have started a new scene, and I'm going to check my units. I'll go…to Window > Settings/Preferences > Preferences.…In my Settings I'll put my linear units in inches. If you want to work in metric,…that's fine. Just make sure you got the right heights in place. I'll click Save,…and I'll start out with a box.…
As we have seen previously. I'm going to make myself a bounding box, and I'll put…this bounding box at 0, 0, 0. Now, put in the sizes.…What I had said on the chair--and I'll go back to look at the reference on it--…is that it's about 14 inches wide, 14 or 15 deep, including the curve of the back…legs, and 34 tall. 14 inches across the front should work nicely.…I'm calling it 15 inches because there is this seat, but then there's this back…
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.