In this video I'll show using the transfer maps dialog to bake the high…poly onto the low poly.…I have got my high poly boards, and I've beveled them and rounded corners, then…I've used the soft selection and sculpting to really add some detail into here.…I'll choose Display > Show > Show Geometry and Polygon Surfaces to bring back…my low poly boards.…I'll select both and just so I can see what I'm doing I'm going to hide…the unselected objects.…I have named these, there is a low poly, and I'll press Ctrl+A to bring back…my Attribute Editor.…
There is top_boards_low and then there is top_boards_high.…What I need to do then is to project this.…I'll press F6 to go to the Rendering Module, under Lighting/Shading I'll…choose Transfer Maps. I'm going to make a normal map.…What it shows me right here is that I've got board selected, and that's okay.…Depending on what you have selected you may see different things start out in…the target or source meshes, we can redirect it as we need.…What I'll do first is click Normal as I'm going to tell Maya that I'm baking a…
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.