Become familiar with the features of the Arnold Render View window for Maya 2019. The Arnold Render View window allows you to interactively render scenes so you get instant feedback.
- When you render in Arnold, you'll probably be doing…a lot of test renders…and so the easiest way to do that is to use…Arnold's render view.…Now we can find this in the Arnold menu…under Arnold render view.…So when I open this up, it brings up this render view window…and we can get things started by doing an IPR render…so we go under render,…and do run IPR.…When we do, it will do a render of the scene.…
Now this render can be saved out if we want to.…We also can look at it in a number of different ways.…One of the most important ones is the view menu.…Now this allows us to view individual channels…such as red, green, and blue…but it also allows us to turn on test resolution.…So right now, it's at 100%…which means it's rendering the whole scene.…But if we turn it down to 50%,…watch what happens.…It goes back and it does another IPR render…but it only renders half the pixels…which means that it will render a lot faster.…
Now we can go even further down here…if we want to.…We can go under view, test resolution, and go to 25%.…
- Getting familiar with the Maya interface
- Configuring viewports and workspaces
- Selecting and manipulating objects
- Creating hierarchies and layers in scenes
- Creating polygonal models
- Modeling and refining polygonal meshes
- Working with subdivision surfaces
- Sculpting a basic landscape
- NURBs modeling
- Creating and applying materials and textures
- Adding lights and cameras to a scene
- Rendering in Arnold
- Animating in Maya
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Maya Interface
2. Select and Manipulate Objects
3. Organize Maya Scenes
4. Create Polygonal Models
5. Model Polygonal Meshes
6. Refine Polygonal Meshes
7. NURBS Modeling Techniques
8. Refine NURBS Models
9. Create Materials
10. Apply Materials and Textures
11. Render in Maya
12. Render in Arnold
13. Animate in Maya
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.