Learn about and understand methods for applying multiple materials to a polygonal object in Maya 20117. In this instructional video, George shows how to select faces in a polygonal object, then how to apply materials to those selected faces. He then shows how to manipulate different materials on the model.
- [Instructor] Now, let's take a look…at how to apply materials and textures to objects in Maya.…Now, we've seen a little bit about how to create materials,…as well as, how to apply them.…I want to talk a little bit about how to apply…multiple materials to an object.…So, here I have a simple object…and it's just a little TV set.…Now, if we wanted to, we could apply a material to it.…We could just go into our rendering shelf,…and maybe select a blend material and apply it,…and let's say we wanted to make this TV set blue,…or maybe a cyan color, something like that,…well, I can do that and apply that material,…but if we notice, we've got a lot of things…that really shouldn't be blue on this TV set.…
So, we have the screen, we have the knobs,…we have the back and so on.…So, what we can do is we can actually apply materials…on a face by face basis.…So, let's go ahead and do that.…So, I'm going to right click over this…and let's go into Face Mode,…and we're going to start, say at the back of the TV.…So, I'm going to go ahead and select…
- Getting familiar with the Maya interface
- Configuring viewports and workspaces
- Selecting and manipulating objects
- Creating hierarchies and layers in scenes
- Creating polygonal models
- Modeling and refining polygonal meshes
- Working with subdivision surfaces
- Sculpting a basic landscape
- NURBs modeling
- Creating and applying materials and textures
- Adding lights and cameras to a scene
- Rendering in Arnold
- Animating in Maya
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Maya Interface
2. Select and Manipulate Objects
3. Organize Maya Scenes
4. Create Polygonal Models
5. Model Polygonal Meshes
6. Refine Polygonal Meshes
7. NURBS Modeling Techniques
8. Refine NURBS Models
9. Create Materials
10. Apply Materials and Textures
11. Render in Maya
12. Render in Arnold
13. Animate in Maya
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.