Playing back animation in an accurate fashion can be done using Maya’s Playblast feature. In this video, George shows how to create a playblast as well as how to adjust such parameters as file type, file name, and the size of the render. He also shows how to quickly create a preview using playblast than can be shared with others.
- [Instructor] When we create animation,…there are many times…when the animation will be too complex…to play in real time on Maya's timeline.…And we may also want…to save out movie files…that we can share with others.…For both of these, we can use what's called Playblast.…Now Playblast allow you…to run animation in a viewport…and then save that out to a file.…So let's go into Windows, Playblast.…
Now we have a number of options for this.…So let's take a look at these…before we generate a Playblast.…And in this, we can select the time range.…In this case, we can use the time slider.…Or we can specify a start and end frame.…I'm going to keep it on time slider.…We can show ornaments.…So I can show things such as safe frames…and that sort of thing.…I can render offscreen.…Typically, it's best to render onscreen, it makes it easier.…We can render to multiple different types of formats.…
So I'm going to choose AVI.…And then we can also choose the encoding that we want…as well as quality.…Now do we want the display size from the window…
- Getting familiar with the Maya interface
- Configuring viewports and workspaces
- Selecting and manipulating objects
- Creating hierarchies and layers in scenes
- Creating polygonal models
- Modeling and refining polygonal meshes
- Working with subdivision surfaces
- Sculpting a basic landscape
- NURBs modeling
- Creating and applying materials and textures
- Adding lights and cameras to a scene
- Rendering in Arnold
- Animating in Maya
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Maya Interface
2. Select and Manipulate Objects
3. Organize Maya Scenes
4. Create Polygonal Models
5. Model Polygonal Meshes
6. Refine Polygonal Meshes
7. NURBS Modeling Techniques
8. Refine NURBS Models
9. Create Materials
10. Apply Materials and Textures
11. Render in Maya
12. Render in Arnold
13. Animate in Maya
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.