Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Animating a tilt and a pedestal, part of Cinematography: Maya.
…As we saw, a side to side movement can be rotational or positional.…And it's the same with up and down movement.…We can either rotate or position.…Rotating up and down is tilt, and moving…the position or translation up and down is pedestal.…And I've got two cameras here.…And the yellow one is the tilt camera, and the blue one here is the pedestal camera.…Let's do the tilt. So I'll…select that camera, and I've set the rotate order to ZXY, and…I've got my rotate tool set to gimble. So go ahead and select the rotate tool.…
And on frame one of key, but I only want to key the rotate x-axis.…Rotate X is going to be the tilt axis.…So I'll select rotate X, Channels > Key Selected.…I'm going to go to frame…48, and with the rotate tool, rotate in X, and tilt up.…Get that heroic angle on Walter.…And when we've got what we want, we can just go back…up to Channels and choose Key Selected, and rewind and play it back.…
And we've got a lovely tilt. It's a tilt up.…Alright, that was easy. Now for the pedestal.…Go back to frame one.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Getting the most out of viewport cameras
- Controlling camera attributes such as clipping planes
- Setting display options such as Resolution Gate
- Adjusting focal length and field of view
- Previz editing with the Camera Sequencer
- Setting rotation order for predictable camera animation
- Animating simple camera moves such as pan and dolly
- Mastering compound moves such as crane and handheld shots
- Understanding the Film Back attributes
- Achieving isometric and tilt-shift effects
- Projecting a texture from a camera
- Rendering depth-of-field and rack-focus effects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Viewport Camera Basics
2. Renderable Camera Basics
3. PreVIZ Editing with the Camera Sequencer
4. Simple Camera Movement
5. Compound Camera Movement
6. Special Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.