Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Animating a pan and a truck, part of Cinematography: Maya.
…There are 2 types of side to side camera movement: pan and truck.…Pan is a rotation in which the camera just…turns side to side, but doesn't move or change position.…Truck is when the camera actually…translates through the scene, but doesn't rotate.…Let's do a pan first.…I've got a camera here already made. I'll select it.…And it's called pan camera.…I made sure that I've set its rotate order to zxy and that…my rotate tool is currently set to Gimbel mode.…And it's already set up for the beginning of the shot, pointing at Anna here.…
And I'm on frame one.…I only want to keyframe the y rotation and that of course,…is rotation around the up and down axis of the Maya scene.…Over in the channel box, I'll select rotate y, and choose…channels, key selected, and I've created a key frame on frame one.…Now go down to frame 48 by typing it into the current time, and grab the rotate tool…and just rotate it until it's pointing at the other figure there, Walter.…And then with rotate y still selected…in the channel box, I'll choose Channels>Key Selected.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Getting the most out of viewport cameras
- Controlling camera attributes such as clipping planes
- Setting display options such as Resolution Gate
- Adjusting focal length and field of view
- Previz editing with the Camera Sequencer
- Setting rotation order for predictable camera animation
- Animating simple camera moves such as pan and dolly
- Mastering compound moves such as crane and handheld shots
- Understanding the Film Back attributes
- Achieving isometric and tilt-shift effects
- Projecting a texture from a camera
- Rendering depth-of-field and rack-focus effects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Viewport Camera Basics
2. Renderable Camera Basics
3. PreVIZ Editing with the Camera Sequencer
4. Simple Camera Movement
5. Compound Camera Movement
6. Special Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.