Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Animating nConstraint attributes, part of Learning Maya nCloth 2012.
Nearly anything in Maya can be animated, and nucleus constraints are no exception.…One common thing that we might want to do is enable or disable an nConstraint…over time in order to connect or disconnect the cloth to some other object.…That's what we'll do here.…I've got two constraints.…I've got a point to surface constraint around the neckline, and I've got a weld…adjacent borders constraint down the center of the robe.…I'm going to open the Outliner; Window > Outliner, and you'll see I've got two…dynamic constraints here.…
I'm going to select both of those, and I want to key the Enable attribute.…You'll see it here: Enable,…and right now it's on. I want to key it on. Rewind back to frame 1, select the…name, and then right-click, and Key Selected.…Now I've got a keyframe there…on frame 100, which is the beginning of my simulation.…I'll let that play through for a second, until it settles down, and then around…frame 130, or something like that, I'll turn it off.…
Set that to 0 to turn it off, and you'll notice that the icons for the…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Understanding the nucleus solver
- Adopting a scale convention
- Adjusting nCloth and nRigid attributes
- Creating and animating nConstraints
- Editing nConstraint membership and influence
- Smoothing nCloth with subdivision surfaces
- Storing and manipulating simulation data with nCache
- Improving simulation quality and efficiency
- Dressing an animated character
- Painting dynamic attributes such as Stickiness
- Simulating many objects such as falling leaves
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Textures and Shaders in Mayawith Eric Keller3h 30m Intermediate
1. nCloth Basics
2. Simulating Dynamic nCloth
3. Directing nCloth
4. Optimizing Performance
5. Integrating nCloth with Animation
6. Simulating Special Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.