Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Animating an aerial shot with an editable motion trail, part of Cinematography: Maya.
…Let's create a helicopter shot with an…aerial camera that's flying through the city.…We'll use that to learn about an editable motion trail.…It's a very cool feature of Maya that allows us to switch back and forth…between a traditional key frame workflow and a…workflow based on an object on a path.…If you're familiar with motion path, you need…to have a curve to attach the object to.…And when you attach the object, you can't also…key frame the object because it's been constrained.…But with editable motion trail, we have the best of both worlds.…
Okay, so I'm going to create some position keys for the camera.…I'll select it and on frame one, go ahead and key frame it.…I can just hold down Shift and press W…and that'll create translate X, Y and Z key frames.…Let's go down to frame 36 or so.…And grab the Move tool, and position the camera forward in Z.…And also let's move it a little bit to the side and maybe down.…And key it again with Shift+W.…Go down a little bit more. Frame 72 or so, or 60-something.…
Let's give it 68, and then move the camera a bit more.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Getting the most out of viewport cameras
- Controlling camera attributes such as clipping planes
- Setting display options such as Resolution Gate
- Adjusting focal length and field of view
- Previz editing with the Camera Sequencer
- Setting rotation order for predictable camera animation
- Animating simple camera moves such as pan and dolly
- Mastering compound moves such as crane and handheld shots
- Understanding the Film Back attributes
- Achieving isometric and tilt-shift effects
- Projecting a texture from a camera
- Rendering depth-of-field and rack-focus effects
Skill Level Beginner
Maya: Lighting and Rendering with mental raywith Eric Keller4h 56m Intermediate
1. Viewport Camera Basics
2. Renderable Camera Basics
3. PreVIZ Editing with the Camera Sequencer
4. Simple Camera Movement
5. Compound Camera Movement
6. Special Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.