- Working out the walk timing
- Blocking out footsteps
- Animating the character's walk
- Animating a jump, including the landing and follow-through
- Blocking out and timing poses
- Creating facial expressions
- Animating a quick exit
- Adding lights
- Rendering in Maya
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm George Maestri, and welcome to Animating Cartoon Characters in Maya. In this course we're going to focus mostly on animation, and, specifically, animation for cartoon characters. So, we're going to take a squashy, stretchy cartoon rig, we're going to make the character walk, jump, and then we're going to do some pose to pose animation as well as a simple zip-out. Let's go ahead and get started with Animating Cartoon Characters in Maya.
Rigging a Cartoon Character in Mayawith George Maestri2h 34m Intermediate
1. Animating a Cartoon Walk
2. Straight Ahead: Creating a Jump
3. Pose to Pose: Animating Changes in Mood
4. Animating a Zip Out
5. Finalizing and Rendering
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.