- Defining advanced mechanics in animation
- Thinking in terms of form and force
- Using pose tools to accelerate work speed
- Animating a wall climb in Blender and Maya
- Refining movements that lead to stronger character poses
- Simplifying advanced mechanics in a workflow
- Animating a roundhouse kick
- Animating, refining, and polishing a fight scene
- Avoiding common issues
Skill Level Advanced
- [Instructor] Welcome to my course on animating advanced mechanics in CG animation. We're going to teach you techniques for animating two very tough scenes, a woman performing parkour to climb a wall and an awesome fight scene featuring two professional martial artists. Plus, you'll be animating these scenes with a new superhero character Hilary. She's a fast, agile, and easy to use character built from both Maya, Blender, and with an FBX file in case you want to try her out in other programs like 3D Studio Max.
These scenes are going to be very challenging, and they will stretch your animation abilities. To tackle them, we'll start by studying each of these scenes with a draw over, breaking down actions into animatable beats, and then going over how to refine each of these actions, learning where to put constraints, or how to handle complex physical interactions between two characters. I'm really excited for this course, and I can't wait to show you how to be an advanced animator. Let's get going.