Join Mark Lefitz for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjusting the render quality settings, part of Photorealistic Lighting with Maya and Nuke.
A quick word about quality level settings in mental ray.…Notice here, I pre-rendered an image that I have set to low quality.…Unfortunately, rendering low quality produces aliasing artifacts, jagged edges,…as you can see here in the image.…This is okay, because I'm not actually going to be rendering out and saving…these images for final output, but what I am going to be doing is just doing…quick test renders.…I'm going to show you those settings, and then I'm going to show you how to get…better quality settings for final output.…
So if we go into our Render Settings window, here in the Quality tab, we have to…make sure that are Sampling mode is set to Adaptive, which simply means that both…the max and min samples are going to be constrained.…So for low quality settings, -2; Max, 0. Maybe for high quality, I typically go with…something around 0, 2. Anti-aliasing Contrast threshold; low quality settings, .1.…When I want to render my final quality settings, .05.…Multi-Pixel Filtering, low quality settings, I set to Box Filter Size in X 1, and…
- Understanding image-based lighting
- Analyzing and color correcting the background plate
- Creating a 3D camera to match the plate
- Lighting with low-quality settings and proxies
- Setting light samples
- Setting up render passes
- Rendering mattes ground shadow, and occlusions passes
- Adding gamma correction in Nuke
- Adding the object to the plate and rendering the final composite
- Retouching the composite using Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
Lighting and Rendering with mental ray in Mayawith Eric Keller4h 56m Intermediate
Creating Textures and Shaders in Mayawith Eric Keller3h 30m Intermediate
1. Image-Based Lighting
Correcting the HDRI5m 22s
2. Asset Integration
4. mental ray Rendering
5. Creating Secondary Passes
6. Compositing the Rendered Passes in Nuke
7. Final Touch-Ups in Photoshop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.