Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjusting nCloth and nRigid attributes, part of Understanding Maya nCloth.
We've got a basic simulation going. I've chosen the burlap preset for my…tablecloth, but what I need to do is really make it so that it won't slip across…that surface, and we can adjust some simple attributes to make that happen.…I'll select the tabletop, and go to Control+A to get the Attribute Editor, and I…want to go to that RigidShape node, and scroll down a little bit here, and you will see, aha!…There it is: Friction. That's the main thing.…What if I gave it a Friction of 0, and play that back?…It's going to slip off of there;…it's going to take a little bit of time to do it, because it's a pretty thick…heavy piece of burlap,…but with a Friction of 0, it's not going to stick.…
It had a default Friction of 0.1;…I could turn that up all the way to a full Friction value of 1.…So that does actually increase the amount of friction, but we have to increase…the friction on both of the objects, because it's the interaction between the…two of them that's causing this effect.…I want to select the cloth object, and go to its shape node, and find its…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Understanding the nucleus solver
- Adopting a scale convention
- Adjusting nCloth and nRigid attributes
- Creating and animating nConstraints
- Editing nConstraint membership and influence
- Smoothing nCloth with subdivision surfaces
- Storing and manipulating simulation data with nCache
- Improving simulation quality and efficiency
- Dressing an animated character
- Painting dynamic attributes such as Stickiness
- Simulating many objects such as falling leaves
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Textures and Shaders in Mayawith Eric Keller3h 30m Intermediate
1. nCloth Basics
2. Simulating Dynamic nCloth
3. Directing nCloth
4. Optimizing Performance
5. Integrating nCloth with Animation
6. Simulating Special Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.