Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjusting dynamic properties, part of Learning Maya nCloth 2012.
To fine-tune the behavior of an nCloth Simulation, we'll want to play around with…the Dynamic Properties.…To do that, we want to have a better understanding of what those Dynamic…Properties are doing.…I want to select that nCloth object, and open up the Attribute Editor, and go to…shape node, the nClothShape node.…And I want to show you how nCloth kind of works.…It's a spring system, and what it does is between any two adjacent vertices,…there's something called a cross link, and it acts like a little spring.…
And that spring can change length.…We can visualize those cross links by going into the Collision section, and to…Solver Display, enabling Stretch Links here.…And now you'll see those cross links that are connecting each pair of vertices.…The Stretch Links, or cross links, are enabled by default.…It is possible to turn them off, but that will kind of break your simulation.…I want to scroll down to just show you in the Quality Settings area of…the nClothShape node,…there's a switch here that says Add Cross Links,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Understanding the nucleus solver
- Adopting a scale convention
- Adjusting nCloth and nRigid attributes
- Creating and animating nConstraints
- Editing nConstraint membership and influence
- Smoothing nCloth with subdivision surfaces
- Storing and manipulating simulation data with nCache
- Improving simulation quality and efficiency
- Dressing an animated character
- Painting dynamic attributes such as Stickiness
- Simulating many objects such as falling leaves
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Textures and Shaders in Mayawith Eric Keller3h 30m Intermediate
1. nCloth Basics
2. Simulating Dynamic nCloth
3. Directing nCloth
4. Optimizing Performance
5. Integrating nCloth with Animation
6. Simulating Special Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.