Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjusting colors with RemapHSV, part of Creating Product Shots in Maya.
…Currently this rendering looks like it's in an outdoor setting.…It's because of course i've used this sky texture as the environment map.…But I'd like to make it look more like a studio setup with a more abstract pattern.…I don't need to change the environment map I can just modify it within mia.…And we'll use a node called mhsv to do that.…We'll minimize render view.…Go into the hypershade window, rendering editors, hypershade.…Let's graph the network on the environment material.…
Right click nd choose graph network.…And create the remap HSV node.…Go to utilities.…And scroll down under R and here's remap HSV.…Click on that to create it.…HSV stands for Hue Saturation and Value, and we need to make the connections here.…Remember that the texture file is feeding…into two different attributes of the material.…We've got the additional color, which is…self-illumination, and there's also the diffuse color,…which is merely for convenience, so that we can see the material in the viewport.…
Okay, so we don't really need to do…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Want to learn how to create the same effect with 3ds Max? Check out Creating Product Shots in 3ds Max.
- Understanding the scene layout, hierarchy, and display layers
- Working with mia_material_x
- Creating and optimizing mental ray area lights
- Generating reflections with self-illuminated white cards
- Providing indirect illumination with Final Gathering
- Image-based lighting with high dynamic range files
- Rendering to a 32-bit file format
- Saving material and lighting components to render passes
- Adding ambient occlusion
- Layering and color correction in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Shader Networks in Maya and mental raywith Aaron F. Ross5h 28m Intermediate
Maya: Lighting and Rendering with mental raywith Eric Keller4h 56m Intermediate
1. Laying Out the Scene
2. Studio Lighting
3. Shading Models with Materials
4. Image-Based Lighting
5. Rendering and Color Correction
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.