Join Mark Lefitz for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a vignette, part of Photorealistic Lighting with Maya and Nuke (2012).
Once we have all our paint fixes, I think it would be a nice final touch to add a vignette.…So back here in Photoshop, with our Background selected, let's go ahead and…create a new layer.…So I'm going to say New Layer, and let's call it Vignette, and let's slide that…all the way up to the top, because we want the vignette to be over our motion…blurred wheels, and our background changes.…We need to create a new elliptical marquee, so with our Elliptical Marquee…tool, again, holding our Alt key, we're going to emanate this from the center of the entire image.…
I'm going to Alt+Drag out, maybe something around here, and now we can adjust…the location of it; Select > Transform Selection, and we're just going to bring…this down just a hair.…That looks pretty good, and I'm also -- right now I'm looking at the sides of the…image, so I'm having about the same amount of space on both sides of the image;…same amount of spaces from the top to the bottom as well.…That looks pretty good. We're going to Enter, and now we're going to invert our…
- Understanding image-based lighting
- Analyzing and color correcting the background plate
- Creating a 3D camera to match the plate
- Lighting with low-quality settings and proxies
- Setting light samples
- Setting up render passes
- Rendering mattes ground shadow, and occlusions passes
- Adding gamma correction in Nuke
- Adding the object to the plate and rendering the final composite
- Retouching the composite using Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
Maya: Lighting and Rendering with mental raywith Eric Keller4h 56m Intermediate
Creating Textures and Shaders in Mayawith Eric Keller3h 30m Intermediate
1. Image-Based Lighting
Correcting the HDRI5m 22s
2. Asset Integration
4. mental ray Rendering
5. Creating Secondary Passes
6. Compositing the Rendered Passes in Nuke
7. Final Touch-Ups in Photoshop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.