Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding value variation across the grain, part of Maya: Game Prop Creation.
In this video I'll add value variation across the wood grain. So far I have…just got size variation.…I have the used Bloat tool in Liquify to be able to spread it out and…occasionally add some twistiness.…I'll press B for Brush, and I'll make sure my foreground color I have got a good…deep gray, pulling out the saturation and bring down the value.…Making sure it's set to Multiply, and I'm going to Multiply this at maybe 8% or…9%, going very slight.…Upsize that brush using the square brackets, going fairly big here.…
What I want to make sure I do is to zoom out by pressing Z and holding…Alt, clicking once or twice, and I'd like to see some of the canvas around this document.…Then in my brush, I'll click and drag holding Shift to stay straight on the grain.…I'll add in some stripes adding in local variation, occasionally letting it cross…over my twisty grain.…Sometimes I'll go most of the way and then let it go and go by hand for the rest…just add a little bit of zing.…
What I need to make sure I do is after each stroke or stripe on the grain, I…
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.