Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding soft rust, part of Maya: Game Prop Creation.
In painting a texture, paint it clean first and then add rust.…That's what I'm going to do in this video.…I've started out with my gas pump clean.…It's missing the hose and the nozzle, but the gas pump itself is all together, with…all the paint in the right places.…Now I'm going to start to add on the rust in a couple of layers.…I'll go over to Photoshop and look at the reference and start to paint this in.…Here in Photoshop, I'm going to pull up my reference image, and we can see…where this is rusted.…The top, having been in full sun and having had the water hitting directly on…it, is the most rusty.…
The rust has then streaked down the sides and also, the metal is gently rusting through.…So, what we need to do is to paint in the rust in layers here, rusting out the…top almost completely and then streaking the sides.…We've got really good textured boundaries here where the red and white meet.…We can actually see that rust almost stops at the white there.…We need to keep in mind that any painting on one side will show up on the other,…
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.