Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding patina and wear to a final texture, part of Game Prop Creation in Maya.
In this video I'll take the wood grain I have just finished and apply it to my…objects here in Maya.…I'll probably need to move some of my UV shells around as I expected.…And once they're in place, and I have checked them out, I'll clone objects over…and finish out the chair that's standing somehow on two legs over there.…I'll pick any object and look at the material attributes.…I'll go into the Color and swap out the texture.…For this exercise I'm using the texture that corresponds with the file.…I'm in exercise 05_08, and so I am using 05_08_start.…
This is the image I have saved out of Photoshop, and I may need to add on patina, or wear and tear.…I'll click Open, and I can see obviously that some of the boards are in the…wrong place. Because I haven't moved the shells around, we're seeing some dark…textures on top of my table.…First, I'll look at the chair and see how this came out.…When I pick pieces on my chair and go under Edit UVs in my Texture Editor, I'll…show that image, and there's that wood.…
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.