In this video I'll get some lights in my scene and see how things look in actual…lights, not just the defaults.…I've brought in all my objects, my chairs, one of which is knocked over, a…random collection of tools that's strewn around, and a discarded shutter, leaning against the building.…I've strewn some concrete barriers around, and I'm ready to get a controller in my scene as well.…First, I'll go over to Standard Assets, and there are my player controllers.…I'm going to use the First, Person Controller, I'll take it and drag it into my scene.…This is always a good test of the right size of things.…
The First, Person Controller is 2 meters tall.…So if we bring it in and sit it on the ground, we should see the heights be…roughly correct for a very tall person.…Now I'll get some lights in, and I'm going to use couple in here to test.…What I'll do is choose GameObject > Create Other > Directional Light.…A Directional Light is used to simulate the sun. I'll pull line out and rotate it over.…I'll press E for Rotation and angle it long and low.…
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.