Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding legs to the table, part of Maya: Game Prop Creation.
In this video I will add legs on my trestle table.…Then I'll get the leg assembly in the right place so I can put in the skirts…and bottom stretcher.…I'll go back and check the reference, and make sure I'm in the right place.…I can see that the legs are diagonal. What actually happens is that wood is…rotated and then cut at an angle here.…I need to make sure I have got that angle in, which looks like probably 10 degrees or so.…My key marker is really here, where the outside corner of this leg appears to…line up with the bottom corner of that arc.…
It looks like it comes in probably the same distance across as the leg is wide.…Assuming that this leg is the same width as my top stringer, and this is…probably a little bit bigger.…The leg probably comes out to 3.5x4 that seems like a good dimension, so I will…try it out and see if it works.…Here in Maya I'll start out with a box, holding Shift and right-clicking…and choosing Poly Cube.…I'll make a new cube and then get the dimensions right in polyCube10.…I'll put the width in here at 3.5. I'll put the height at--well I'm not sure…
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.