Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding labels and other markings, part of Maya: Game Prop Creation.
In this video, I'll look at putting labels on the dials here, and I'll also put…some other markings on the gas pump.…Before that though, I realized I made a goof on the gas pump and I put the white…band above this trim line too low.…What I am going to do then is show how to make a fix here and do some cutting,…moving, and sewing on the UVs and putting them back in.…One of the important things to realize is that it's an iterative process.…You'll spend time on doing this and possibly redoing some things, making sure it…looks right and revising work occasionally,…so don't be afraid to do that.…
What I'll do is double-click on the Move tool and here in the Move Settings,…I'll check Preserve UVs.…Then I'll close this and now I am ready to do some editing.…I'll press F9 for Vertex, and what I realized is that I need more white above this trim.…I have decided, instead of having a two- point corner, that I'd rather draw in a…smooth curve in Photoshop where the white and the red meet.…I'll select these vertices, knowing that I am actually selecting four vertices in…
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.