Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding knots, part of Maya: Game Prop Creation.
The wood grain is warped, well as it should be, because trees are curved, and…now I'm ready to add in some knots.…Knots are an option in painting wood grain. Sometimes we don't want knots, we…want straight grain, as if it is carefully selected wood. We'll see this a lot with furniture.…I'll go back into my Liquify tool.…Notice that I'm going into Liquify, doing some things and then returning it,…allowing it to think for a minute and process that Liquify.…With too many things going on in Liquify, occasionally Photoshop will hang…or freeze slightly.…
I find it's better to do some warping, come back out of it, and go back in.…Now I'm going to paint some knots.…For this I'll go back to the Bloat tool, and I'll bring this Brush Size…down, maybe 300 or so.…I'll pull the brush over and see if it looks big enough, and I think I'd like to…go a little bit bigger.…I'll pull this Brush Size up to 400, again, leaving the Density and Rate low.…I'm not going to make the knots first, actually. What I'm going to make is the…
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.