Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding image planes, part of Cinematography: Maya.
…As we create a shot in the sequencer, we…have the option of also creating an image plane.…And this can be helpful if you've got storyboards or pre-production…art that shows what the framing of that shot should be.…The image plane will allow you to then…line up your camera with the drawing or photograph.…Alright, now before we do it, we want to make sure that the sequencer…doesn't steal one of our other view port, it has a tendency to randomly…grab a different view port.…You just want to make sure that this…lower right-hand view is the current sequence time.…
And in the lower left-hand view, we've got…MS_twoshot_camera and this one is not yet set up.…And we want to create a shot for that and also an image plane at the same time.…In the sequencer, I want to select Shot two, which is the last…one we made, so that we can add a new one after it.…Go to the Create menu and…choose Shot Options and give this one a name.…This is going to be shot3_MS_twoshot.…And the shot camera, of course, is going to be MS_twoshot_camera.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Getting the most out of viewport cameras
- Controlling camera attributes such as clipping planes
- Setting display options such as Resolution Gate
- Adjusting focal length and field of view
- Previz editing with the Camera Sequencer
- Setting rotation order for predictable camera animation
- Animating simple camera moves such as pan and dolly
- Mastering compound moves such as crane and handheld shots
- Understanding the Film Back attributes
- Achieving isometric and tilt-shift effects
- Projecting a texture from a camera
- Rendering depth-of-field and rack-focus effects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Viewport Camera Basics
2. Renderable Camera Basics
3. PreVIZ Editing with the Camera Sequencer
4. Simple Camera Movement
5. Compound Camera Movement
6. Special Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.