Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding distance blur with Depth of Field, part of Cinematography: Maya.
…In our final sequence of exercises, we're going…to look at depth-of-field and rack focus effects.…This is a way of drawing the audience attention…to different subjects, based upon their distance from the camera.…And a good example of that is this classic soap opera…shot, in which we have both characters facing toward the camera.…And with the rack focus, we can draw…the audiences eye from one character to the other.…And that's…accomplished using the depth of field attributes of the camera.…In photography and cinematography, the "field" is the…distances from the camera that are in focus.…
Now the field is not a hard-edged distance.…It's kind of a soft, fuzzy phenomenon where…certain distances are going to be absolutely in…focus, and certain distances are going to be partially…in focus, and some are going to be completely blurry.…We'll start by selecting the camera. And we'll go into its attributes, Ctrl+a.…And we want to find the depth of field section, and here it is.…This is going to work in the Maya software…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Getting the most out of viewport cameras
- Controlling camera attributes such as clipping planes
- Setting display options such as Resolution Gate
- Adjusting focal length and field of view
- Previz editing with the Camera Sequencer
- Setting rotation order for predictable camera animation
- Animating simple camera moves such as pan and dolly
- Mastering compound moves such as crane and handheld shots
- Understanding the Film Back attributes
- Achieving isometric and tilt-shift effects
- Projecting a texture from a camera
- Rendering depth-of-field and rack-focus effects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Viewport Camera Basics
2. Renderable Camera Basics
3. PreVIZ Editing with the Camera Sequencer
4. Simple Camera Movement
5. Compound Camera Movement
6. Special Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.